Photo credit: aless&ro
Let’s start out by assuming that you already understand the importance of having a web presence in today’s business environment. If you don’t have a website for your business in this day and age, you’ll be grouped in with people who think fax machines are cutting edge technology. Having a website with a strong online identity is a must if you want to be able to connect with the new generation of consumers.
Do you remember a time when you wanted to tell a good story to a group of people but just couldn’t come up with the words to tell it like it needed to be told? It might have been at the dinner table…or maybe it was at a campfire. You needed someone to rescue you. Think of a web copywriter as your articulate partner in telling the story of your business like it deserves to be told.
A web copywriter has specific knowledge of internet marketing best practices that focus on obtaining higher search engine rankings for your website. The following points discuss how a SEO copywriter adds value to your website in the context of business and marketing.
5 reasons to hire a SEO copywriter for your business:
- SEO Knowledge – the difference between a SEO writer and an ordinary writer is visibility on search engines. A web copywriter must be versed in search engine best practices to be able to create compelling online content that is right for your business AND in line with search engine ranking guidelines. Your readers will find you. And when they do find you, they will enjoy reading about your on your website.
- Maintaining Search Engine Rankings - Developing effective and up-to-date online webcopy is a continual process. Search engines value NEW information so they will reward you for updating your website with current information and blog articles. Think of each blog article as a new sales rep that attracts web viewers to your site.
- Strong Call to Action Techniques – your copywriting has to provide relevant information and clearly outline the benefits of your product or service for your readers and potential customers. A web copywriter will make sure that there is a strong call to action that guides your reader and shows them how to purchase your product or service.
- Reducing Advertising Costs - Hiring a SEO copywriter can actually reduce your ongoing advertising costs. Over time, greater search visibility of your web pages will directly increase the number of sales leads and relevant inquiries that come from your website. Eventually, your because you do not have to invest in expensive marketing and branding campaigns.
- Save Time - A website can take an upwards of 30 hours to write and edits. If writing isn’t your core strength, you can leverage your copywriter to speed up the process so you can focus on running your business.
Whether you are a start-up or an established business vying for a larger piece of the market, you can and should take advantage of the internet as a marketing medium. Contact us if you’d like to know more about how SEO copywriting can help your customers come to you.